Thursday, May 2, 2013

Crazy embroidered wedding quilt.

My niece is getting married in September, so I thought that I would try to make the bride and groom a quilt as a wedding present.

I have found this wonderful web site called Molly Mine - I have purchased the Crazy Quilt Series 1 which is here - OK so I have not stuck with the fabric.

Here is a photo of the 12 squares that I have made so far. 8 more to complete as there are twenty in the quilt.

 
And here is a detailed photo of one of the blocks....


I am so enjoying embroidering these and plan to buy the next 2 series and the Christmas ones as well.

What fun.....

2 comments:

diamondc said...

Mark: this looks like a lovely quilt, embroidery adds so much depth.
I love the colors.
I am sure your neice will love it, she is very lucky.
Catherine

Catherine said...

This is stunning ~ a beautiful gift!!