Sunday, April 28, 2013

Catch up

Ok, so I have been missing for the last couple of months, in fact the draft of this blog has been on blogger for the last 5 weeks.

I attempted an entry for the AQC 2013 challenge titled "free". I completed my quilt by the designated deadline and submitted everything in accordance with the rules.

Unfortunately my entry was not accepted by the judging panel and I did not make the final 30.

I am not sorry as having rushed to complete everything I felt that my quilt  was not good enough. The stitching for the appliqué was a bit crude and the design was a too basic. I am pleased that I tried, you know what they say " better to try and fail than live a life of regret".

And there is always next year.

Must say I am looking forward to the quilt show in May so that I can see what I was up against.  So "Taa daa! Here is my quilt.


Better luck next year.