Sunday, May 6, 2012

First attempts

I am hoping to make my eldest son a Mariners Compass quilt for his birthday present in November. As this is a technique I have not used before I am started some "training" on new techniques. During my last visit to Handcrafters House in Midland I found a good book by Judy Mathieson called Mariners Compass Quilts. So this afternoon was spent working on Pattern 1 - 8-Point Rising Star. The fabric is from my offcuts box.

 
The blanket stitch around the centre circle could be better but generally I am quite pleased with my first effort.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

2 comments:

diamondc said...

Mark: Nice points, I look forward to seeing the work in progress and the finishing on your son's quilt.
Catherine

Stitching Noni said...

I like! Very clever husband. I certainly couldn't do this one. xx