Sunday, February 27, 2011

My first (not very good) applique

This is my first attempt at some applique. The design is a cross stitch design called Brushstroke Butterfly by Loretta Oliver. I quilted the pillow case turn quilt using some of the King Tut thread that I bought from Superior Threads.


My wife - Stitching Noni (http://firefliescatsinthegarden.blogspot.com/) has a truck load of small cross stitch designs so I will be trying some more applique using these as well as some block quilts using the simpler cross stitch designs. Might do a cute little teddy bear next - yup could be in the mood for a teddy bear!

I have been working away on my competition quilt and this is about 40% finished.

I am doing some quick finishes to keep the motivation up.

See you later......

3 comments:

Bec said...

I thought I new that butterfly from somewhere! lol

What do you mean 'not very good'?
It looks good to me, I really like it! :)

Looking forward to seeing the teddy bear if you end up doing it.

Astrid's dragon said...

Looks great to me, love the butterfly!!

Stitching Noni said...

Dearest Husband, you are way cleverer than me! I love your butterfly - well done :-)x